Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Life Lessons

I am 37 years old and I learn something new just about everyday.  At the end of my day I try to think back on my interactions with people and reflect...could I have done things better?  Did I say the wrong things?  Did I make the right choices?  I try not to over analyze... that would just make me go crazy!!  However I feel that its important to reflect and review the events in your day and make necessary changes.  I am formatively assessing myself...the same way a teacher does with her students and then makes calculated adjustments based on her findings.  Nobody is perfect and I have definitely made some mistakes in the past and always try to learn from them.  Sometimes I feel that we are defined by our mistakes more often than our successes.  Why do mistakes out way our successes?  Why are mistakes never forgotten and successes hard to remember?  Maybe at the end of the day I should be reflecting on what went right in my day and how I can continue to make it better!!  I started searching for inspiration and came across this quote...Many times what we perceive as an error or failure is actually a gift. And eventually we find that lessons learned from that discouraging experience prove to be of great worth.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich.  I think she says it perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment