Thursday, June 27, 2013

Student Work

WOW...I am so overwhelmed!!!  My brain is exploding in so many directions.  What is the purpose of student work?  For teachers? for students?

How can teachers look at student work and get an understanding of what they (students) clearly understand, meaning conceptual understanding!!  What is their level of ability and how do I push them forward with purposeful feedback.

After many conversations today with other teachers/professionals I have come to a conclusion...everything starts with your students.  Find out what they know first, then facilitate their with rich experiences filled with constantly and consistently wondering!!!  The same is true with teachers and their journey through their own learning.  Students, teachers, people in general must make up their own minds to change...my job as a math coach is to create opportunities for them to ask themselves questions about their beliefs and to encourage change.

No comments:

Post a Comment